Welcome to my garden!
January 17, 2008
Some changes behind-the-scenes. If I did it right, you won't notice a difference. (Let me know if something looks worse.) I also need to change a few recipes; Pm and team have done all sorts of work, and there are now more elegant ways to do some things.
I finally got the webrings working again. Step one, have Hubby disable the "protection" on our browser that considered the webring site unwanted; it helps if I can see what others see. Step two, make more than one ring show. The documentation says "Set this if you only want some of your rings to show." So I left that setting alone. Turns out it defaults to show only one ring. Sigh.
June 28, 2006
Site Name Explanation
The domain name comes from a friend of a relative, who, after patiently dealing with a customer, put down the phone and stated, "It must be tough going through life with a one bit CPU."
Been ages since I wrote the following. Been ages since I updated more than bits and pieces of the site. That's the way it goes.
December 20, 2006
Wow! After over a year of promising myself to finish moving the site over, I've finally finished!
Many thanks to the folks on the PmWiki user group. Lots of help for new users, and lots of help for the more advanced as well.
For those of you who want to know when I add to the site, check out the RSS feed. A tiny file, generated automatically, that you can set your client to check. I use Thunderbird, but you can also use Firefox or Bloglines(approve sites), or any of a million other RSS clients.
RSS feed(approve sites)
- Mostly Battle of the Planets, but a few other things as well. Includes a reference page or two.
- Original Fiction
- Hey, can't expect me to stick to fanfiction all the time.
- Stuff that's not fiction.
- Because other people write good stuff too. Mostly stuff that stuck with me more than a few moments.
- Shorter things, both plagiarised and my own.
- Some of the nifty things I've found out there, useful and not.
- Kids' Links
- So my kids can find their favourite sites when at Grandma's.
- Done! A Guestbook and an Email Form. PmWiki rocks!